Who are we?
Torbay Constituency Labour Party is organised into two branches, Paignton Labour Party and Torquay Labour Party. The branch is the basic unit of Labour Party organisation. Both branches hold regular meetings which are open to all members in the branch area.
The Constituency Labour Party also holds monthly meetings which all members can attend. An Executive, made up of delegates from both branches, takes responsibility for day to day issues between meetings.
Local Campaign Forum
We are part of a Local Campaign Forum. It’s objectives are:
- To co-ordinate the activities of CLPs and branches within the area for the purpose of securing the election and return of Labour representatives to the Unitary Authority of Torbay.
- To organise opportunities for individual members, branches, trade unions, affiliated organisations and community organisations to engage with the Labour Group on current local policy issues.
- To formulate an electoral programme in partnership with the Labour Group
- To compile a panel of candidates in accordance with the provisions of chapter 5 of the national rules of the Party.
- To undertake activities within the area for the purpose of new candidate recruitment.
- The LCF shall seek to contest all seats in each electoral area in consultation with the CLPs concerned.
The membership of the LCF includes:
- 11 Torbay CLP delegates (Paignton 4, Torquay 7)
- 5 Totnes CLP delegates (Brixham 3, Kings Ash 1 and Collaton St Mary 1).
Where we meet?
During normal times, all meetings are held in accessible premises in Torquay or Paignton. Because of the pandemic, meetings are currently held via Zoom.